Saturday 13 May 2017

Story of a Syrian kid


 
I was born as the seventh child of my dad's second wife,
hearing noises of firecrackers I grew.
Soon I was 2 when I was enlightened by the truth,
when I stepped out of my house and realized it was not earth but hell.
It was not firecrackers but bullets.
Destruction everywhere as if its god's wrath.
City like a withered flower and smoky streets like our future.
Bewildered by the uncanny scene I ran back to my home,
with no tears but fear and a crying heart.
Our prayers and screams were heard by no one.
Living in this real nightmare I turned three.
When my father married for the third time.
Within three months,those three words ended everything between my mom and dad.
I realized love kills love.
Mom, me and siblings stayed together being a reason to live for another.
Soon I was four,
Never saw schools but the ghouls.
Never read alphabets but the scribings  on graves.
Never learned science but the prayers to god.
Time flew and I was five with a miserable life.
I went out to get some food to feed our empty stomach and sad heart..
got food and with a good mood took the road to home.
Home was not home anymore.
Redness of my lips  turned into redness over bodies of my loved ones.
Blood and sadness everywhere but not the omnipresent god.
Pieces of bodies and so of my heart scattered everywhere.
Petrified I stood in complete oblivion.
With food in my hands but no one to feed.
I screamed with no voice.
I cried with no tears.
I was alive with no heart.
I could see nothing but the flashbacks.
I wish that I was never born in this place,
where there is no peace and darkness prevails.
What was my mistake or crime to be punished in this way.?
I was free as a soul and was caged into this body just to feel pain?
Will I ever feel happiness?
Neither the god nor the evil replied.
and gunshots broke the silence...







No comments:

Post a Comment